Friday 16 September 2016

82 Not Out!  17th September 2016

The Good the Bad and the You’ve got to be kidding!

Heaps of good going  on up here in Qld.  Boy they grow them tough up here!First YEAH!  YEAH!   YEAH!  the COWBOYS and a yeah! yeah! to the Broncos. What a great game and Yes, this academic recorded Elizabeth for gentler viewing later!

More good news that 17 year-old offenders will no longer be sent to adult prisons in this state-and not before time!

International good news – Loud cheers for great actor Gerge Clooney instrumental in the organisation The Sentry. It has been following money trails for several years and has released news of leaders in corrupt countries (Sudan is one noted) who are keeping wars alive simply to profit by them.Guess money trails around wars always lead to profit for someone somewhere.

On money  stuff  great to listen to Everard Compton ( amazing fellow Not Outer!) addressing the Press Club stressing that pensioners arn’t all alike, that they can’t be stereotyped into one basket.  He stressed that continuous Aus. governments have missed the forest for the trees and that social and ethical contracts have diminished when it comes to fair and adequate pensions. Shocking genuine stats and thought provoking anecdotes of deprivation given.

Gee I’m glad I have two of my own  teeth left to grip very old dentures after hearing how many Australians have to blend their food because of dentistry costs.! Yes JCU training centre I will be heading your way sometime soon.

OH THE REALLY BAD news...Need I embark on it. The world is truly in one hell of  a mess  and close to home so is the Senate...so No I am not going either topic today  Won’t use energy to enter or listen to what I would have  kicked my kids out of home for saying!

Now the You’ve got to be kidding section.One news item upset me somewhat and I’ve only seen it on screen once.That whilst United Nations  accepts the legal responsibility it is refusing the moral obligation to pay compensation to Haiiti for the cholera it introduced there.

On a different note speaking to another writer the  other day (yes, don’t forget I am and always have been a writer –prolific across the genre and moderately successful-usually undervalued and always underpaid)...well this other writer said,

“I’ve just read a book- but it was crap. Now I’m coming to understand two things.-either the back blurb on the cover is false advertising –or the book was written for an audience I just don’t understand.”

Reminded me that I had the biggest laugh ever about life insurance ads. No.it wasn’t yet another, yet another, and still another funeral plan –it was a pregnant  mum- delighting the dad to be that they are going to be parents soon...and this is where the you’ve got to be kidding (or thick?) comes in...he promptly says  what they immediately need is an insurance plan!  My laughter was the memory reflection when I told men in my life they were going to be Dad’s and what their response was. Believe me friends insurance would have been the last piece of advice I received.
So  writers on and off the screen shouldn’t dialogue be REAL, RELEVANT and REVEAling???????????????????????????????????
Oh promise another short story or poem next blog...mean time more news My  Spin IntoSpeech and Drama Early Years is with publisher to be printed soon. Blessings,thanks for reading feel free to pass on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hzl



No comments:

Post a Comment