Thursday 12 November 2015

Friday morning and still 82 Not Out!
Wonderful...

GOOD STUFF:
The above of course ...plus some family and friends are reading this ...they have finally accepted that  82 Not Out! blog works for me  whilst their Facebook stuff doesn't. It works for them and that's fine but ticking likes, making sassy comments seems so superficial for me and added to that I cant get around these  sites like a teenager...takes me hours to place a pic anywhere!! 
So the good stuff is this blog can keep all my 40 descendants updated on Mum, Nanna, and Great Great Nanna and they can always EMAIL ME or Txt me on  my deaf/blind very capable but  not smart  phone.
They should be happy that With this blog...just txt...no comments  Matriarch still rules.

AWESOME STUFF:
At 82 we grasp the pleasures and joys offered in life.Last evening I attended the
UMI ARTS   MCIVOR GALLERY.  (Sheridan St, Cairns) exhibition opening of Reef and Rainforest paintings and prints by Munganbana Norman Miller.
Munganbana (Mountain Water in Jirrbal) blends centuries old tradition with contemporary relevance and  has stories for each painting. The exhibition tells  of his life,family and culture, the environment of reef and rainforest and his spiritual inspiration.
Particularly awesome this  para in the catalogue: '' I believe my art conveys my commitment to  reconciliation and social justice with several paintings on that theme."
Gallery curator Teho Ropeyam opened the event and I learned that UMI Arts has an all indigenous board of directors and is owned by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander arts community of Far North Queensland.
All power to it!!
Official opening closed with Munganbana's family singing his reconciliation song.-AWESOME!
Thanks Munganbana and wife Barbara (friend and fellow writer )for this special
joyful experience. Love to your Mum, Norman  she is truly blessed.

OK brekky time   sorry  ...keep tuned in to 82 Not Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment